Tuesday, March 27, 2007

New Carnival is Up

This is just a quick post to let my regular readers know that the new Carnival of Personal Finance (#93) is now up. In fact, it has been up since yesterday. The Carnival features one of my recent posts: Retirement Survey: The Results. The post describe the very surprising results of a recent informal 401(k) survey I held among my colleagues. This survey has implications on the way our company 401(k) will change in the future.

Other excellent posts included in the Carnival are: Ten Things Your 401(k) Provider Won't Tell You (Part I). This post describes some of the problems that are endemic to the 401(k) system. I disagree with some of the points made in the article and intend to write a detailed post on the subject in the coming days. Still the post is interesting and well written. By the way, Part II of the article is already on "My Retirement Blog".

An article posted on Personal Finance Advice titled "Forever stamp - Why It Will Cost You Money" joins similar posts on other blogs criticizing the introduction of the so-called forever stamp by the USPS. Again, excellent arguments, but I respectfully disagree. Stay tuned for my post on the subject in the next few days, as I jump head first into the fray.

No comments: