Sunday, May 18, 2008

Recommended Articles

My post about finding a job in a tough economy was included in this week's Carnival of Personal Finance. It has been a while since I participated in one...

I also found a couple of other interesting posts - this one talks about how GM is trying to sell us a "green story". Many businesses are green washing these days - it's simply trendy and most folks don't pay enough attention to sift the real environmental reality from the crap claims. For example, the other day I saw a BMW ad announcing that the company has a hydrogen powered car available for sale and they are now simply waiting for the world to be ready. Come on! Give us a break! We are not THAT stupid.

This other article was particularly fascinating for me given that I have never bought or bid on a house. It talks about how a realtor was able to help her customers buy a house even when their offer was not the highest one that the owners received. Apparently, it's all about convincing the owners that the bid her clients are submitting is the most likely to close. Interesting.

No comments: