Thursday, November 06, 2008

Career Advice: 30 Rock Style!

In last week's season premier episode of 30 Rock (which you can watch here) Alec Baldwin's character, Jack Donaghy gives career advice to some low levels employees at GE. I am paraphrasing a bit, but bear with me:

Jack: "You should always dress for the job you want, not the job you have."

Low level employee: "Great advice! Starting tomorrow I am coming to work dressed as a Mexican wrestler!"

Hey, it's solid advice. I don't know about taking it to the extreme like that, but you get the picture.

Seriously, you gotta love that show. It is one of the best comedies on television today. Another fun bit (again, I am paraphrasing):

Jack: "Are you going to close down GE?"

Devon: "It's only G now, I sold the E to Samsung. They are now called Same Sung."

No comments: