Microsoft is the company many love to hate. However, what you may not know is that Microsoft offers a wealth of free personal finance tools and templates for Excel. Here is a list of five good ones, but many, many more are available for free download on the Microsoft Office home page:
1. Savings Estimator Budget for a Specific Period - are you saving for a specific goal? This template will tell you how much you need to save during each period to meet your goal.
2. Retirement Budget - how much do you need for retirement? This template will help you to estimate if your planned income will be sufficient to meet your anticipated expenses.
3. Personal Monthly Budget - you need to build a budget but don't know where to start? This template would be a good initial step.
4. Wedding Budget - if you are planning your wedding you know that there are many expenses to keep track of - and boy do they pile-up quickly. This tool can help you plan your wedding and stick to that budget.
5. Personal Net Worth Calculator - want to figure out your net worth? This simple and elegant tool might come in handy.