Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good News on the Jobs Front

Yesterday we had a double good news day on the jobs front. As I previously wrote, my wife recently lost her job. Yesterday, she accepted an offer to join a venture backed, fast growing, profitable, private start-up. These are all the adjectives you want attached to the term "start-up". This is very cool indeed. The position itself is pretty similar to her previous position, and I think that the growth opportunities in this new role are phenomenal. It took two months but she is back in the game. Start date to be determined shortly.

On another front altogether, my CEO called me into his office late in the afternoon and without pomp and circumstance handed me an envelope. When I opened it, in his presence, the letter congratulated me on my formal promotion to Vice President in the company, and stated that the Board's compensation committee will take up the matter of my increased compensation in its next scheduled meeting (July 23). As my regular readers will remember, I just started with my company three months ago, and while I was previously a member of the executive staff and reported to the CEO, I was not awarded the title of VP. This latest announcement is a very solid pat on the back and a vote of confidence in my agenda and performance.

Now that's what I call a good day.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Now that sounds like one heck of a day! Congratulations. It's nice to see good things happen to those who work hard.

frugal zeitgeist said...

Well done to both of you. Will you still say you knew us when?

I missed your post about the missus losing her job. I'm glad to hear that she landed on her feet.

Unknown said...

Why, thank you both kindly.

No, Frugal, I will not associate with the small people when I am big and famous. Enjoy me while you can.