Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Career: in Five Posts

Next week I will be running a series of posts in which I will share my personal career story. I have had a pretty varied and unusual career that took a number of twists and turns. I have made many mistake and have learned many important things about making career decisions and more importantly about how to be happy with who I am and what I do. I think that this will make for an interesting series of posts, but I will let you be the judge of that.


This series will be in four parts:
Part I - My pre-MBA career
Part II - My business school days
Part III - My adventures in self-employment
Part IV - Getting on the right track
Part V - My career plans


I am one of those people who always has a career plan. I have always been this way, or at least I have been this way as long as I can remember myself. The fact that I know what I want to do with my career doesn't mean that my plans are good ones or even that they are the right ones for me. This lesson took me several years to learn and I learned it the hard way.


So, tune in this Monday for the installment in this series.


Enjoyed this post? Please consider subscribing to Money and Such by free RSS Feed or by email. You can also follow me on Twitter.

No comments: